Scholarship Program General Guidelines
Apply as a Continuing or Transferring Student
- Apply as a CONTINUING student if you plan to return to IVC for the Fall 2019 semester.
- Apply as a TRANSFER student if you plan to transfer to a four-year college, or to a program not offered at IVC in which a certificate or degree can be received. You will transfer the following school year and can provide evidence of that transfer.
Notice: You may not receive a transferring student scholarship at Irvine Valley College if you have already received one previously.
How we evaluate scholarships
- The IVC Foundation Scholarship Committee is responsible for evaluating each year’s scholarship applicants. This committee is comprised of IVC faculty, staff, administrators and community volunteers.
- General scholarship applicants are evaluated and scored primarily on their application form and essay responses. However, certain scholarships may have additional scoring criteria such as GPA, recommendation letters or other supporting documents.
- No student is guaranteed a scholarship in this process, as we have many more applicants than available scholarships.
Receiving your award
By mid April, you will receive an email informing you if you have been selected to receive a scholarship. The scholarship ceremony, at which scholarships are announced and distributed, will be held during the month of May. You will receive information sent to the email provided with information leading up to the ceremony with dates and times.
- If you are receiving a scholarship, please plan on attending the ceremony. An RSVP notification will be sent to students prior to the event.
- After the scholarship ceremony, you will receive a letter explaining the next steps for receiving your scholarship(s).
- Ensure that you meet the enrollment and GPA requirements as stated in the General Guidelines section.
- If transferring, provide enrollment verification from your transfer institution. The IVC Foundation Office will verify this information, and checks will be mailed to your transfer institution.
- Please remember to send a thank you card to your donor(s). Instructions will be provided.
Please use the list below to ensure that you have completed and submitted all parts of the application:
- Personal Essay Responses