Scholarship Program General Guidelines
Apply as a Continuing or Transferring Student
- Apply as a CONTINUING student if you plan to return to IVC for the fall term of the following academic year.
- Apply as a TRANSFER student if you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university, or to a program not offered at IVC in which a certificate or degree can be received. You will transfer the following academic year and can provide evidence of that transfer.
Notice: You may not receive a transferring student scholarship at Irvine Valley College if you have already received one previously.
How we evaluate scholarships
- The IVC Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee is responsible for evaluating each year’s scholarship applicants. This committee is comprised of IVC faculty, staff, administrators, and community volunteers.
- General scholarship applicants are evaluated and scored primarily on their application form and essay responses. However, certain scholarships may have additional scoring criteria such as GPA, recommendation letters or other supporting documents.
- No student is guaranteed a scholarship in this process, as we have many more applicants than available scholarships.
Receiving your award
By mid-April, you will receive an email notifying you if you have been selected to receive a scholarship. The scholarship ceremony, at which scholarships are announced and distributed, will be held during the month of May. You will receive further information with the ceremony dates and times sent to the email provided.
- If you are receiving a scholarship, please plan on attending the ceremony. An RSVP notification will be sent to students prior to the event.
- After the scholarship ceremony, you will receive a letter explaining the next steps for receiving your scholarship(s).
- Ensure that you meet and maintain the enrollment and GPA requirements as stated in the General Guidelines section.
- If transferring, provide enrollment verification from your transfer institution. The IVC Foundation Office will verify this information and checks will be mailed to your transfer institution.
- Please remember to prepare a thank you card to your donor(s). Instructions will be provided.
Please use the list below to ensure that you have completed and submitted all parts of the application:
- Personal Essay Responses