Federal Work-Study | Financial Aid Office
Financial Aid

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides those students with (federal) or without (institutional) financial need part-time work in order to earn money to help pay educational costs. The amount of Work-Study award depends on the student's financial need (federal) and the availability of funds at Irvine Valley College. Pay rates may vary but will not be less than the current minimum wage.

Applying for Work-Study Jobs​

When applying for a Work-Study job at Irvine Valley College, be sure to follow these steps:

  1. Complete the FAFSA application and submit any supporting documentation to determine your eligibility for Work-Study. Students must be enrolled in at least 6 units and be meeting academic progress requirements.
  2. Visit the Financial Aid Office in SSC 130 to be added to a wait list and be reviewed by the Work-Study Coordinator to confirm eligibility to be awarded. Students who are awarded Work-Study will be sent an email with instructions on completing the Work-Study hiring process. Please note that being awarded Work-Study is not a guarantee of employment.
  3. Students who have already been awarded Work-Study should visit the College Central Network website to search for open Work-Study positions available at Irvine Valley College. Work-Study jobs are selected from the 'Job Types' dropdown box. Be sure to register if you are a first-time user.
  4. After you have identified a position for which you wish to apply, follow the instructions in the job posting. Each academic year, students can start working as early as July 1 until June 30 of the following year, depending upon available funding and departmental needs.
  5. Work-Study funds are given out on a first come first served basis, so students should contact the Financial Aid Office before school starts to find a position on-campus.

For additional information, please call the Financial Aid Office at 949-451-5287.​​