Income Changes | Financial Aid Office
Financial Aid

Income Changes


I Have A Job That Allows Me To Pay My Bills But Does Not Offer Much Upward Mobility. I Want To Go Back To School, Full-Time, And Then Transfer To A Four-Year University. Can I Afford To Quit My Job And Go To School?

We do not recommend that you quit your job unless you truly feel that you cannot work and go to college at the same time. Financial aid is meant to supplement, not supplant, a student's income. You may also be eligible for scholarships or a work-study job.

What Can I Do If My Income Has Reduced Since I Submitted My FAFSA?

Ask us for an Income Reduction Appeal. Once it’s added to your Student Forms portal, you will be able to submit all required documents online at Some supporting documentations that might be required of you includes:

  • Latest year’s tax return and W2s
  • Latest pay stub
  • Proof of change in income
    • Unemployment letter (or letter of separation)
    • Employment verification letter
    • DD-214 if military discharge

You may also be asked to submit verification documentation.