Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Financial Aid Office
Financial Aid

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Will I Still Get My Disbursement On Schedule During The COVID-19 Pandemic?

All disbursements will be made per the schedule posted on the department’s website under Disbursement Information , including updates to any possible delays.

Do I still need to attend classes to receive financial aid?

Yes — all instructions are being conducted through Canvas. Please check your IVC email account for updates and check in with your professors and instructors regarding your specific class. Also read up on COVID-19 updates as provided by the College for additional information or updates on instruction and/or campus closures.

Title IV funds are awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded.

The transition from in-person classes to online instruction does not exclude the need for students to be continuously enrolled. Dropping units, withdrawing from all classes or ceasing to attend classes can result in funds being returned and create possible student overpayments, which will suspend any future financial aid disbursements. Before dropping units, please check with the Financial Aid Office to determine any impact on your eligibility.

How Can I Get Financial Aid Help During Campus Closure?

The Financial Aid Office is still accessible during campus closure by phone, virtual chat, and email during our regularly scheduled hours. Please check the website for the most recent updates.

Regular office hours are 9 am – 6 pm Monday – Thursday. IVC and the Financial Aid office is close on Fridays from May 18 to August 7, 2020.
The Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions are being updated frequently so you can help yourself if outside of regular hours.

How will the campus closure affect my financial aid processing?

Despite the campus closure, the Financial Aid Office will continue processing FAFSA, CCPG, and California Dream Act applications, as well as reviewing files and appeals.

How can I get help completing the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application?

Students can contact the Financial Aid Office to request an appointment for one-on-one assistance via virtual communication (Cranium Café) with completing their FAFSA, California Dream Act Application or other financial aid requirements.

How do I submit documents to the Financial Aid Office during campus closure?

Students can submit most information through the Student Forms portal to complete their file online. For assistance, please contact the Financial Aid Office via phone, virtual chat or email.

I am scheduled to work as part of the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program but am not allowed to work during campus closure. What should I do? Will I still get paid?

Yes, students will continue to be paid for their regularly scheduled working hours during the closure, up to the amount of the Federal Work-Study award.

How does the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act affect students receiving financial aid?

You can read the latest updates on student financial aid through this section of the COVID-19 FAQ or directly from the U.S. Department of Education(link is external) and the Federal Student Aid(link is external) FAQ regarding the development of COVID-19 and the effect of the CARES Act.

Do I have to pay back the financial aid award back if I were to drop with an ‘EW’?

Students who withdraw from all of their Spring 2020 classes due to COVID-19 between 3/13/20 and 6/8/20, and were required to return federal funds, will no longer owe the school or federal government. Grades must be listed as EW due to COVID-19.

Does an ‘EW’ affect my Satisfactory Academic Progress?

No. Per the latest guidance from the U.S. Department of Education based on the CARES Act, students who withdraw from Spring 2020 classes due to COVID-19 with ‘EW’ grades between March 13 and June 8, 2020 should not have any adverse effect on your Satisfactory Academic Progress. This includes students on Warning, Probation or Monitor status.

I (or my parents) have become unemployed during COVID-19 and need more financial aid. How can I request more financial aid?

Contact the Financial Aid Office at to request an Income Reduction Appeal if you’re not already receiving full financial aid for 2020-21.

Additionally, please submit the IVC Foundation Emergency Fund Student Application then email the Financial Aid Office to notify us that you have submitted the application to request additional fund.