Irvine Valley College
Instructions for 2015-2016 Application
DEADLINE: February 16, 2016
To apply for an IVC Foundation Scholarship, please complete the IVC Scholarship Application. The link to the application can be found at the end of these guidelines. Fill in the required information and submit by 11:59 p.m. (PST) Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
HANDWRITTEN APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
To apply for any scholarship, all three of the following criteria must apply to you:
- You must have completed at least 12 units with a letter grade at IVC by the end of the Fall 2015 semester.
- You must have completed a minimum of 6 units in the Fall 2015 semester and be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units during the Spring 2016 semester.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
*To be considered for an ASIVC scholarship, you must purchase an ASIVC card.
CONTINUING OR TRANSFERRING?
Apply as a CONTINUING student if you plan to return to IVC for the Fall 2015 semester.
Apply as a TRANSFER student if both of the following apply:
- You plan to transfer to a four-year college, or to a program not offered at IVC in which a certificate or degree can be received. You will transfer the following school year and can provide evidence of that transfer.
- You have completed at least 24 units at IVC.
Please note: You may not receive a transferring student scholarship at IVC if you have received one in the past.
Two (2) letters of recommendation are required for the IVC Scholarship Application. Please submit via the Academic Works Scholarship Management System. IVC faculty members are preferred for recommendations. High school teachers, advisors, and employers are acceptable. Please receive permission from your recommenders prior to submitting their email addresses.
HOW WE EVALUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
- The IVC Foundation Scholarship Committee is responsible for evaluating each year’s scholarship applicants. This committee is comprised of IVC faculty, staff, administrators and community volunteers.
- General scholarship applicants are evaluated and scored on their application form, recommendation letters and other supporting documents.
- No student is guaranteed a scholarship in this process, as we have many more applicants than available scholarships.
RECEIVING YOUR AWARD
By mid April, you will receive a letter informing you if you have been selected to receive a scholarship. The scholarship ceremony, at which scholarships are announced and distributed, will be held on Monday, May 23rd.
- If you are receiving a scholarship, please plan on attending the ceremony. An RSVP notification will be sent to students prior to the event.
- After the scholarship ceremony, you will receive a letter explaining the next steps for receiving your scholarship(s).
- Ensure that you meet the enrollment and GPA requirements as stated in the General Guidelines section.
- If transferring, provide documentation of acceptance from your transfer institution. The IVC Financial Aid Office will verify this information, and checks will be mailed to the transfer institution.
- Please remember to send a thank you letter or card to your donor(s).
Please use the list below to ensure that you have completed and submitted all parts of the application:
- Personal Essay Responses
- Letters of Recommendations (2)
The IVC Foundation Scholarship Application is now closed. Applications for next year will be open in November. You can apply again at that time. Thank you.